Monday, January 23, 2012

New week...more work accomplished!

Good morning! We got a lot done this weekend. We installed the remaining faring strips on the second bedroom ceiling so that we could install the new ceiling...hopefully later this week. I removed the remaining plaster from the Rotunda ceiling. I am thinking about installing wood pocket paneling on the ceiling and staining it...not sure yet. But the Rotunda is starting to look really nice. The dining room fireplace/chimney stack has been completely stripped down. I am going to install some new electrical wiring for outlets on the mantle, sconces on the wall, and small directionally lighting on the ceiling to showcase some artwork. Finally, I removed a massive amount of old plaster from the library to expose the old lathe. Surprisingly, the lathe is in really good shape as are the windows and molding/trim. I will be removing the plaster from the brick chimney in the library as well and leave it exposed. Ahhh...progress.

I need to give a shout out to my helpers: Ashton Contracting (Jeff Ashton and his cousin Michael have been really hard at work and do a great job); Clint Judd...he really doesn't have any skills and he takes too many smoke breaks...but I still appreciate his help!; and CHARLES AND COMPANY CONTRACTING (decks unlimited and roofs unlimited)...Chuck Chadd has been excellent in helping me with some interior work and will be providing the necessary assistance when it comes time to replace the roof. Again...thank you.

Here are some photos of our accomplishments thus far.

                                                               LIBRARY





                                                      SECOND BEDROOM




                                                     SEATED ROTUNDA



                                                       DINING ROOM



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot thank you enough for saving this beautiful home. It has been a dream of mine to fix this architectural gem and I'm glad that the Ayres have trusted you to do so.

    I look forward to seeing all of your updates and best of luck with the renovation!

    Erin Nelson
    Downtown Development Council

    ReplyDelete