Friday, March 30, 2012

Sorry...I have been busy!

I know that it has been some time since I updated the blog. For those of you who have driven by...I am sure that you can see there is some progress. Although the majority of the roof is completed, there are a couple of flat areas that needed either a rubber roof or metal. I went with metal on the back of the house. It looks great and will last for the next 50 years. Because the pocket gutters on the back of the well as the roof (which was tin) was rusted through completely, I chose to frame out the entire roof...including the gutter area, sheet it, paper it, and then metal roof it. I will add some non-intrusive guttering later on.

We are trying to finish up the master bedroom as well. The new ceiling goes in today and yesterday, I knocked out the front east window (which is located in the dressing room area) to make way for a french door so as to access the roof area of the front porch. This area will eventually get tiled and a new railing installed all around.

Here are a couple photos of the back roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment