Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On-ward and Up-ward!

Hello everyone!

Well, I have continued to work on the exterior of the house, specifically the east side porch and foundation. After removing and replacing the foundation walls of the front porch, we continued to remove and replace the lime stone slabs that encompass the underlying supports for the porch columns. Although 4 of the columns had been previously replace, noone bothered checking to see if the brick/stone structures underneath were sound. Hey...guess what...they weren't! What a suprise...something new to fix! Yay!

I also discovered that the upper support beam for the east side of the porch ceiling/roof was completely rotted...going all the way back where it attaches to the house. So...I spent my memorial day weekend rebuilding and replacing the support structure and all of the trim work. I think it looks pretty good, if I don't say so myself.  I am now finishing up the repairs/replacement to some porch soffet and fascia. Always getting a little closer.










3 comments:

  1. Drove by the house today, looks like you have a lot going on.....where are the updates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need good restoration. For good ideas you can go on internet. The internet has conductive company made much simpler and much less expensive.

    Flood Cleanup Philadelphia PA

    ReplyDelete